Medium: Lithograph on paper (S: 1∙Re∙Tpm∙Tpp)
Edition size: Known (S: 1∙Re∙Tsa∙Tpw) (note 1)
Artist Proof: Unknown
Paper size: Known (S: 3+∙Re∙Tsa∙Tm)
Image size: Known (S: 1∙Re∙Tsa∙Tm, calculated
Year: 1992 (S: 1∙Re∙Tsa∙Tpw)
This print is signed ‘in plate’ (lower left horizontal within the image) with ‘Copper Thunderbird’ in Cree syllabics and hand signed in pencil (lower left horizontal in the paper margin) with ‘Norval Morrisseau’.
1) On one print the limitation is clearly readable, however I have different citations from other sources. Furthermore there seem to be other version available. I have seen one that is not numbered and titled but signed (collection Smithonian) and two that are unsigned (maybe open edition). Clarification is needed.
– Smithonian – The National Museum of the American Indian
– Existance of Artist Proof(s)
– Confirmation edition size, see note 1
– Confirmation image size
– Name of the printmaker
– Literature (official statements in books, magazines, exhibits, original
promotion material) and additional info or reference material