Image: Larger image in member area (click on image)
Medium: Serigraph on paper (S: 2∙Re∙Ri∙Tse)
Edition size: Known (S: 2∙Re∙Ri∙Tpw∙Tsa)
Artist Proof: Unknown
Paper size: Known (S: 2∙Re∙Ri∙Tse)
Image size: Known (S: 1∙Ri)
Year: 1976 (S: 2∙Re∙Ri∙Tpw∙Tse) (note 1)
Printmaker: Woodland Studios (S: 1∙Ri∙Tpw)
This print is signed ‘in plate’ (lower central horizontal) with ‘Copper Thunderbird’ in Cree syllabics and hand signed in pencil (lower right horizontal) with ‘Norval Morrisseau’.
Made after the 1967 original acrylic on paper (31 x 47 inches) named “Sacred Fish With Human Heart”.
1) Exact date is written as 9/8/76
– Page 188 (original acrylic); Sinclair, L., & Pollock, J. (1979). The Art of
Norval Morrisseau. Toronto, New York, London, Sydney: Methuen.
– Existance of Artist Proof(s)
– Literature (official statements in books, magazines, exhibits, original
– Additional info or reference material