Image: Larger image in member area (click on image)
Medium: Serigraph on paper (S: 3+∙Re∙Tpm∙Tpp∙Tse∙Tsa)
Edition size: Known (S: 3+∙Re∙Ri∙Tpw)
Artist Proof: Unknown, but likely yes (note 1)
Paper size: Known (S: 2∙Re∙Ri∙Tse∙Tsa)
Image size: Known (S: 1∙Ri∙Tm)
Year: 1978 (S: 2∙Re∙Tse∙Tsa∙Tpe) (note 2)
Printmaker: Great Grasslands Graphics Company (S: 3+∙Re∙Tpe∙Tse∙Tsa)
This print is from an set of at least 4 Norval Morrisseau prints. The others prints are:
– ’My Granddaughter’, click here;
– ‘Bear Spirit’, click here;
– ‘My Grandson and the Birds’, click here.
1) From ‘Bear Spirit’, ‘My Grandson and the Birds’ of this set, Artist Proofs
2) 6 serigraphs of this set observed, 4 of them (the numbered ones) have
1978 embossings and the 2 AP’s (see note 1) have 1979 embossings.
One collector confirmed the numbered one in possession has a 1978
– Existance of Artist Proof(s)
– Confirmation of the year in embossing (see note 2)
– Literature (official statements in books, magazines, exhibits, original
– Additional info or reference material
– Collectors for providing info on confirmation of the year of print.