Medium: Serigraph on paper
Edition size: Known (S: 3+∙Re∙Ri∙Tpw∙Tsa∙Tse)
Artist Proof: Yes (edition size unknown) (S: 1∙Re∙Tpw∙Tsa)
Paper size: Known (S: 2∙Re∙Tse∙Tm, calculated paper/image ratio)
Image size: Known (S: 2∙Re∙Tse∙Tsa∙Tm)
Year: Unknown (estimate ca 1978) (note 1)
Printmaker: Great Grasslands Graphics Company (S: 1∙Re∙Tpe)
Made after the 1977 original acrylic on canvas (68.5 x 49.5 inches) named “Artist With Thunderbird Vision (The Visionary)”.
The original acrylic was part of the exibition “Magiciens de la Terre” (Magicians of the Earth) held at the Centre Pompidou, Paris in 1989. At this exhibit Morrisseau was photographed with the original in the back.
1) Year not readable in embossing. Original is from 1977. I have seen no print from Great Grasslands Graphics Company later than 1979, so this print is likely made between 1977-1979.
– Page 137 (original acrylic); Sinclair, L., & Pollock, J. (1979). The Art of Norval Morrisseau. Toronto, New York, London, Sydney: Methuen.
– The Dennos Museum Center
– Existance of Artist Proof(s)
– Confirmation paper size
– Exact year of print
– Literature (official statements in books, magazines, exhibits, original
– Additional info or reference material
– Collector in the US, for providing me info on image size and confirmation of the medium and edition size.