Image: Larger image in member area (click on image)
Medium: Serigraph on paper (S: 3+∙Re∙Tpm∙Tpp∙Tse∙Tsa)
Edition size: Known (S: 3+∙Re∙Tpw∙Tsa)
Artist Proof: Yes, edition size unknown (S: 2∙Re∙Tpw∙Tse∙Tsa)
Paper size: Known (S: 2∙Re∙Tm∙Tse∙Tsa)
Image size: Known (S: 3+∙Re∙Tm∙Tsa)
Year: Unknown (estimate 1979) (note 1)
Printmaker: Great Grasslands Graphics Company (S: 1∙Re/Ri∙Tpe)
Made after the 1972 original acrylic on canvas (47 x 27.5 inches) named ‘Phallic God in Disguise’.
1) The examined embossing is hardly readable but has strong resemblance with the 1979 embossing of Great Grasslands Graphics Company.
– Page 90 (original acrylic); Sinclair, L., & Pollock, J. (1979). The Art of
Norval Morrisseau. Toronto, New York, London, Sydney: Methuen.
– Edition size Artist Proofs
– Exact year of print
– Literature (official statements in books, magazines, exhibits, original
– Additional info or reference material
– Gallery in B.C. for providing me some of the info.