Medium: Serigraph on fine art etching paper
(S: 3+∙Re∙Ri∙Tpm∙Tpp∙Tcp∙Tsa∙Tse∙Tlp∙Tsd) (note 1)
Edition size: Known (S: 3+∙Re∙Ri∙Tpw∙Tcp∙Tsa∙Tse∙Tlp∙Tsd)
Artist Proof: No AP’s (S: 2∙Re∙Tcp∙Tlp)
Paper size: Known (S: 3+∙Re∙Ri∙Tcp∙Tsa∙Tse∙Tlp∙Tm)
Image size: Known (S: 2∙Re∙Ri∙Tsa∙Tm)
Year: Unknown (estimate ca 1980)
Printmaker: Superb Graphics Toronto (S: 2∙Rm∙Tlp∙Tsd) (note 2)
This print is from an set of 6 Norval Morrisseau prints named “Shaman Vision Series One”. The others prints are:
– ‘A Vision To Its Soul’, click here;
– ‘Astral Children Community’, click here;
– ‘Fish Unity In Cosmic Sea’, click here;
– ‘Native Unity’, click here;
– ‘This Is The Way It Is’, will follow later in this catalogue.
A smaller (14 x 11 inch paper), unsigned, open silkscreen edition, of this image exist.
1) On the original certificate of authenticity of this print and ‘A Vision To Its Soul’ (click here), the prints are mentioned as lithographs, however they are silkscreens. The other prints are correctly mentioned as serigraphs on their certificates of authenticity.
2) However printed by Superb Graphics Toronto, it’s distributed by ALVO. The original certificates of authenticity are therefore by ALVO.
– Exact year of print
– Literature (official statements in books, magazines, exhibits, original
– Additional info or reference material
– Collector for providing me the original certificate of authenticity and other information.