Image: Larger image in member area (click on image)
Medium: Serigraph on paper (S: 3+∙Re∙Tpm∙Tpp∙Tsa∙Tse∙Tsm)
Edition size: Known (S: 3+∙Re∙Tpw∙Tsa∙Tse∙Tplp)
Artist Proof: Unknown
Paper size: Known (S: 1∙Re∙Tsa∙Tse) (note 1)
Image size: Known (S: 1∙Re∙Tsa∙Tse) (note 1)
Year: 1979 (S: 3+∙Re∙Tsa∙Tse∙Tplp)
This print is from a set of 5 Norval Morrisseau prints. They are part of the English Limited Edition publication of the book ’The Art Of Norval Morrisseau’, published in1979 (note 2) in a wooden box. The others prints are:
– ‘Shaman And Apprentice’, click here;
– ‘Shaman Conjuring Speech’, click here;
– ‘The Dawn’, will follow later in this catalogue;
– ‘Young Gulls Watching’, will follow later in this catalogue;
Instead of signing these prints as usual ‘Norval Morrisseau’, all 5 prints are signed ‘Copper Thunderbird’ in Cree syllabics.
1) The paper and image size are the same, there is no white border.
2) The French Limited Edition book set was published in 1979 with a
different set of 6 prints, , see A79.1, A79.2, A79.3, A79.4, A79.5, A79.6.
– Existance of Artist Proof(s)
– Confirmation paper/image size
– Name printmaker
– Literature (official statements in books, magazines, exhibits, original
– Additional info or reference material