Medium: Tapestry of wool yarn (S: 1∙Re∙Tse∙Tpm∙Tpp∙Tom)
Edition size: Known (S: 1∙Re∙Tse∙Tpw∙Tom) (note 1)
Artist Proof: Unknown
Tapestry size: Known (S: 1∙Re∙Tse)
Image size: Known (S: 1∙Re∙Tsa, calculated tapastry/image ratio)
Year: Unknown (estimate ca 1975) (note 2)
Publisher: Grasslands Graphics Ltd. (S: 1∙Re∙Tom) (note 3)
This tapastry is signed ‘woven in the wool’ (lower right horizontal) with ‘Copper Thunderbird’ in Cree syllabics and hand signed in pencil (on the label at the back) with ‘Norval Morrisseau’. The label is also signed by the publisher.
1) This tapastry is numbered ‘woven in the wool’ (lower left) and written in pencil (on the label at the back)
2) From the same image a 1975 limited edition print from printmaker “Great Grassland Graphics” exist, click here
3) On the limited edition prints of ”Great Grassland Graphics Company” the printers name is written in the embossing as “Great Grassland Graphics”. Here (as publisher) it’s mentioned as “Grassland Graphics Ltd.” on the label at the back.
– Existance of Artist Proof(s)
– Confirmation image size
– Exact year of publication
– Name of the weaver
– Literature (official statements in books, magazines, exhibits, original
promotion material) and additional info or reference material
– Collecter/Owner for providing me all the info. It made this post possible.